This is also called Virtual Hosting (Shared IP) and IP Based Hosting (Dedicated IP).
- Shared IP hosting - one IP address is assigned to several domains and
access to a domain is available only by its domain name;
- Dedicated IP hosting - one IP address is assigned to one domain. To
access a domain you can use either its IP address or its domain name.
- can be used for virtually unlimited number of virtual hosts;
- easy to configure and use;
- requires no additional hardware of software;
- can be used for free.
- does not support Virtual FTP;
- does not support SSL protection.
- supports Virtual FTP
- supports SSL
- It is a pay service
Switching from Dedicated IP to Shared IP will delete your virtual FTP and SSL services.
To change the type of IP, do the following:
1. Select Domain Info in the Domain Settings menu.
2. If you have several domains, choose the one to enable virtual FTP for.
3. Click Change to Shared IP in the IP Address field:
4. If prompted, confirm the change by clicking "Yes, I agree with the above".
IMPORTANT: After you switch between shared and dedicated IPs, it will
take several hours before the domain becomes available at the new IP
You can use an IP-only server. To create it, choose "no domain" option
during signup. Following the signup, you should change type of IP to
Article ID: 796, Created: March 15, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Modified: April 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM