This feature allows your server to regard files with a specific extension as map files. In other words, the server checks the file with the specified extension to define the links of an image (unlike a client-side image map, which uses the info inserted into the HTML code) and reports back to the browser where to go.
To add an imagemap file extension, do the following:
1. Select Quick Access in the Account menu.
2. Click the Web Options icon on the page that shows.
3. Click the Edit icon next to the domain you need.
4. On the Web Service page, scroll down to find the Server Side Imagemap option and click the Add icon on its right.
5. Agree with the charges.
6. Enter the file extension beginning with a dot:
Article ID: 853, Created: March 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Modified: April 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM