So your site is up and running? Help others find it among infinite pages of the Internet! Register it with major search engines!
To start the Search Engine Submit utility, select the Submit URL link in
the Domain Settings menu. On the page that appears, check the engines
to register the site with and fill in the following fields:
- Domain to submit: select the site you would like to be indexed.
- Contact Email: most search engines require a contact e-mail address.
- Key Words: some search engines provide the possibility for entering additional keywords your site can be searched by.
- Description: this text will show to Internet users as a description of your site in the list of search results.
- Time-out: this is the time you allow for registering one site with
all search engines. If this period is too short, the site will get
registered with only a few search engines.
Next, click Submit. Be patient while the server processes your request.
Warning: Avoid submitting a large number of web sites at a time, or the browser will time out before the program has finished.
You may have to wait a week or more before some search engines start showing the sites in search results.