97: POP Email Troubleshooting
As problems with email can result from many different issues, we ask that you consult the troubleshooting steps shown below for a possible solution. If you continue to have problems with your Alentus hosted email, submit a "Support Ticket" through our Customer Console (C3) and indicate the result of each of the troubleshooting recommendations you have tried.
1) Go to http://whois.alentus.com/cgi-bin/whois2.cgi and make sure that your domain pointers are referencing our DNS servers:
2) Verify your email is being sent and received correctly by accessing your mailbox via our browser-based Webmail system at:
3) Check to ensure you do not have any incorrectly set up email aliases or forwarders. Keep in mind that you cannot have a forwarder, pop account or alias with the same name.
4) Open up a command-line prompt (DOS prompt), and ping your mail server account by typing:
If you do not receive successful pings by name and IP address, then contact your ISP or upstream provider to check their DNS records and connectivity.
5) Ensure that your desktop email software configuration is correct. If you are using Microsoft Outlook, please see the following configuration article on our Support Site:
Note: Ensure that the username used in Outlook is your entire email address, e.g. email@example.com
6) If you are using MS Office XP/Outlook XP, ensure that your Windows operating system and Office XP/Outlook XP are completely up-to-date and try again.
7) If you are using Norton Antivirus, disable it and try again. If your mail works, ensure your Norton software is up-to-date including any software patches. Reboot your computer system, enable Norton AV, and try your mail again.
9) If you have checked out all these things correctly and your email still does not seem to work correctly, please feel free to submit a "Support Ticket" through the Customer Administration Console found at: