Autoresponders automatically send a preset message in reply to all mail sent to the autoresponder's e-mail address. They don't store the incoming mail as mailboxes do and neither can be used to send messages other than the preset one.
To create an autoresponder:
1. Click New E-mail on the maildomain Controls page:
2. On the configuration page, that you will be taken to, enter the autoresponder name in the Email address field.
3. Check the Catch All box to automatically send uniform response back to the sender when an e-mail arrives at a nonexistent account on the autoresponder's mail domain.
If catch all isn't enabled on any mail resource running on the autoresponder's mail domain, such messages will bounce back to the sender with an error notification.
4. Check the box next to AUTORESPONDER.
5. Enter the uniform response in the Message field and its title in the Subject field.
6. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
7. Agree with the charges, if any.
In older builds of H-Sphere 2.4, autoresponder had a field 'Send a copy to', which was removed later, because it duplicated the functionality of mail aliases and mail forwards. In newer versions it is used only for backward compatibility. If the field is cleared, it disappears.
<b>Editing autoresponder message or its subject</b>
To edit autoresponder message or its subject:
1. Click the autoresponder e-mail address in the E-mail list on the maildomain Controls page:
2. Perform last three steps of the create autoresponder procedure above.
To remove an autoresponder preserving other services running on it's e-mail address:
1. Click the autoresponder e-mail address in the E-mail list on the maildomain Controls page as you do on the first step of editing autoresponder message or its subject guide.
2. Uncheck the AUTORESPONDER box.
3. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
To remove an autoresponder along with all mail services running on it's e-mail address, click the Trash icon in the autoresponders Properites entry on the Mail Controls page
To remove a Catch All autoresponder, first switch Catch All off.