To edit DNS records in an H-Sphere account, do the following:
- Log into your control panel at https://cp.websitesource.net/
- Select your domain, either by clicking on it on the left-hand side of the screen, or by going to the 'Domains' icon, then clicking on the appropriate domain.
- Click on the icon to the right of "DNS Configuration". Depending on your H-Sphere skin, this may be a pencil, a gear, or an icon of a hammer over a page.
- Delete the existing record you need to replace, by clicking either the red X or the icon of a trash can to the right of the record.
- Click on "Add DNS Record" underneath the appropriate record type.
- Enter the DNS record as given to you by your provider. Please note the following:
- When making a record for just the site (i.e.: example.com), leave the 'Name' field blank. For subdomains (i.e.: sub.example.com), enter the first part of the domain into the 'Name' field ('sub', in this example).
- Unless you have instructions to modify this value, leave the TTL field on its default setting of 86400.
- The 'Data' field is where you set the destination. For A records, this will be an IP address. CNAME or MX records may be either a domain or an IP address, and TXT records can be almost anything.
- Click the Submit button to save the DNS record.
Please note that DNS changes do take some time to propagate. Typically, you should start seeing results within an hour, but in some extreme cases it may take as long as 24 hours for the updates to reach your area.