1. From the Control Panel, select the Site Creation Tool icon. The Site Creation Tool Manager displays.
2. The Site Creation Tool Manager makes three options available. Each
of these options is described in a separate procedure below. These
three options are:
- Create Your Web site: This option allows you to create and/or edit the web pages on your site.
- Change Default Pages: This option allows you to set the home page
which you create with the Site Creation Tool to be the default page for
- View Your Site: This option opens your site's home page in the current browser window.
How To Create Your Web Site with the Site Creation Tool
1. From the Site Creation Tool Manager, select the Site Creation Tool
button. The Page Title Prompt screen appears. Note: At any time, you
may exit the setup of your web site by clicking on the Cancel and Delete
My Site button. This will delete any information you have provided.
2. Type the title you would like for your web site's home page in the
field provided and select the Next button. The Background Prompt screen
3. Optional: If you would like to have a background image displayed on
your Web site's main page, select the Background Image button. The
Background Image Selector displays: Use the Navigation or Search tools
to locate an image you would like to add. When completed, click on the
Back button to return to the previous screen and select your background
4. If you would like to have a background color other than the default
(white) on your web site, click on the Background Color button. The
Background Color Selector displays: Choose the desired color by
single-clicking on it. Select the Enter button to apply it to your Web
site. Click on the Next button to continue. The Page Text screen
5. In the text box provided, type the text which will appear on your web
site's home page. When completed, select the Next button. The Text
Color Selector page displays.
6. Single-click on the color in the color-picker that you would like the
text entered in the previous screen to be. If you know the RGB Hex
code for the color, you may enter it in the field at the bottom of the
box. Select the Enter button to apply the color. Select the Next
button to continue.
7. The Image Selection option works similarly to the Background image
option. To have an image appear near the top of your Web siteï¿½s main
page, select the Pick Image button and follow the instructions. These
are similar to the instructions in Step 3. If you do not want to add an
image at this time (you can add one later if you like), select the Skip
Image button. The Site Completed page displays.
8. This page indicates that the Home page is created. Also listed here
are instructions to continue on in the Site Creation Tool to the Site
Editor. To open the Site Editor, click on the Enter the Site Editor
9. The Site Editor offers ways for you to edit and add to the home page
you just created. Additionally, you can add more pages from this tool.
The Site Editor is explained in more detail in a later section of this
document. The next two sections cover the remaining options available
from the Site Creation Tool Manager. Note: Once your home page is set
up, there is no need to repeat the steps covered thus far in this
section. Clicking on the Site Creation Tool button in the Site Creation
Tool Manager will bypass the previous steps and open directly in the
Site Editor as shown in the image above.
10. To close the Site Editor and return to the Control Panel, select the
Logout link, near the upper left corner of the screen. When your site
is initially created, a plain message initially appears as your site's
main page, similar to the one shown below.
How To Make Your Home Page from the Site Creation Tool the Default Page for Your Site:
1. From the Site Creation Tool Manager, select the Change Default to
Site Creation Tool button. The page reappears. Notice that the default
page button has changed, allowing you the option of removing the site
creation tool as the default page and restoring the default page to the
basic one shown above.
2. The default page will now reflect the changes you have made to the pages through the Site Creation Tool (and Site Editor).
How To View Your Home Page from the Site Creation Tool Manager
1. From the Site Creation Tool Manager, click on the View Site button.
Your web siteï¿½s home page opens, displayed within the Control Panel
frame. Once your home page is established, you will likely want to add
more pages to your site. This can be managed through the Site Creation
Toolï¿½s Site Editor. This section will provide an overview of the
different options available to you in the Site Editor as well as some
examples showing the use of the various tools.
2. You can list company or personal information on your homepage using
the Site Editor. The following information can be included
- Street Address
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- E-mail address
To add information other than what is provided in the list above, you
will need to manually enter it into your pages. Once the information is
added, you can format it to your liking.
Any of the information can be changed the same way using the procedure below.
How To Change Company Information on Your Home Page
1. From the Site Editor, select the link for the type of information you
would like to add or change. In the example shown below, the
Name/Company link was selected.
2. Type your name or company name in the text box provided. Click on the Update Text button.
3. Select the Text Color and Page Background color if desired. If you
would like to use the colors that you selected when initially creating
your home page, select the Use Page Text Color and Use Page Background
4. Select a text Style if you want something other than normal text.
5. Select a text Size if you want something other than standard text.
6. Select a text Font.
7. Select the Site Editor link (there is one at the top and one at the
bottom of the page) to move back to the Site Editor. The text that you
added or changed will be previewed where the old link to the text was
8. To preview how the text looks in place on your home page, select the
View Site link in the Site Editor. The page displays in your browser.
9. To return to the Site Editor, select the Site Editor link, near the
upper left corner of the page. Note: The Site Editor link, which
appears on this page, does not appear to users visiting your website.
It only appears when editing your site and is provided as a quick way
for you to get back to the Site Editor.
How To Create Additional Web Pages
1. To create a new page for your Web site, select the Create Page link
listed under the Site Tools menu in the Site Editor. The Create Page
2. In the first two text fields, enter a name for the page and a description.
3. Select the type of page you are creating: a General 1 Panel Page, a General 4 Panel Page or a Product/Services Detail Page.
4. If you have created categories or sub-categories for the types of
pages on your web site in the Site Editor, you can specify which of
those categories or subcategories you would like to locate the current
page. Any existing categories or sub-categories would appear in the
drop-down lists under each listing.
5. You may also elect to copy the new page from an existing page on your
site using the existing page as a ï¿½templateï¿½ into which you would
enter new data or information. Select the page on which you would like
to base the copy from the Copy From Page drop-down list.
6. Once all options are selected, select the Create Page button. The
New Page opens in the Page Editor. The example below shows a newly
created page which is of type General/Text 1 Panel and was copied from
the Home Page.
7. The page that opens in the Page Editor appears identical to your home
page. (That is because since it was copied from the home page it is
identical, aside from the title and description of the page.) To change
existing text, single-click on the text you would like to change. You
will be given the option of typing new text and assigning new text
8. To exit the Page Editor and return to the Site Editor, single-click
on the Site Editor link located in the upper left corner of the page.
Summary of the Tools
While you use the Site Editor to manage the overall look of your site,
you use the Page Editor to edit individual pages once they have been
created. Below is a description of what some of these tools do.
- The View Site link opens your home page.
- This list of links allows you to add specific fields of information to your home page.
- The site pages links open the Page Editor to edit existing pages.
- The Site Fields link opens a list of tools for adding information to your site.
- The Show Page link opens the current page in the web browser.
- The Image List link provides an easy way to manage images on your site.
- This list of links allows you to add specific fields of information to your home page.
- Help is available from these links
- The Site tools allow you to create and delete pages and set up guidelines to apply to your entire site
- The Logout link returns you to the Control Panel.
- The Bkgrnd Image link allows you to set the background image.
- This is the same as on the Site Editor. Changing information here affects all pages that show this information.
- This list of Page links allows you to edit specific pieces of the page.
- The Delete Site link deletes all of your web pages on the site.